So, you are planning your wedding and you have no idea where to begin with the design, right?
You are not alone. Most of my clients come to me looking for assistance with design. Our worlds are very saturated with inspiration and beauty. It is a wonderful thing but can be very overwhelming because there are so many options!
That is why I decided I would offer up some basic pointers for you to get started!
If you get started and you are still feeling overwhelmed feel free to contact Pearl Weddings & Events to assist you in design, décor and decor purchasing!
Here are 5 tips to help you create a design for your wedding day!
1. Pinterest. Pinterest is a great place for inspiration. Create a board for your wedding day and start pinning away! Go nuts. After about a month or so of some serious pinning, go back and see what you have pinned! Don't forget to use Pinterest's newest feature that allows you to create "sections" within your board. It is an easy way to stay organized and focused with your design ideas.
2. Prioritize. Figure out what is most important to both of you! I always tell my clients to come up with the top 3 most important things for their wedding. I have them make a list, separately, so they can understand what is important for each of them because it might be different. You want to make sure you are respecting your partners wedding desires as well as your own.
3. Your Love. This is the most powerful of them all. Love is an obvious player in what your day will be inspired by. Do you know that no ones love looks the same? Think about it. You are two completely different people that have come together to create your very own life. There is no one else out there quiet like you. This is the exciting part! You get to create a wedding day that represents you and your love. Have fun with it. Share yourself with your guests. Let them know a little more about your love.
4. Create an Inspiration Board. Pull together about 3 - 4 colors that you want to see on your wedding day. Then add about 5 - 6 photos that pair well with the color pallets you have selected. Creating an inspiration board will help you stay focused. It gives you a foundation and idea of what you want to create. Once you have created an inspiration board step away from Pinterest and now focus your ideas and intention on the inspiration board. You can bring this inspiration board to your wedding planner, florist, venue, hair/make up stylist, photographer, etc. To help assist with your wedding day design.
Here is an example of an inspiration board I put together:
5. What does your home look like? Your home is a space that you have created together. Even if only one of you decorates, that represents a piece to your relationship. Your home will be the greatest expression of you. So, look around. See what you like and how you like to decorate! Your wedding can have a unique spin off of that! When I first meet with my clients I always ask if I can come by their home so I can be a part of their space and truly experience them.
As always, if you are looking for a FREE wedding planning checklist make sure you contact me at email@example.com! Or contact me if you are looking for design guidance!
Make sure you are following along with the blog series A Guide to Planning an Outdoor New England Tented Wedding! Check out our previous post on how to create a floor plan with a good wedding flow.